8X4 Garden Bed
8X4 Garden Bed
$20 Rental Fee + $20 Deposit + $2 Processing Fee
Grower’s Dozen Community Garden Rules
1. Each gardener is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of their garden plot. Watering, weeding, harvesting and any other garden related maintenance are all the responsibility of the gardener. Garden plots should be cared for at least twice a week.
2. It is the gardener's responsibility to notify the coordinator if he or she is not able to care for their plot in any given week. Gardeners may arrange for other gardeners to attend their plots.
3. There is a reasonable expectation to keep garden beds in a healthy and weed free condition.
4. If any plot remains unattended for more than three weeks that plot is subject to reassignment and clean-up deposit will be forfeited.
5. A limited number of tools, hoses and watering equipment will be available in the community garden storage shed for member use. All tools must be returned to storage after use.
6. Each gardener will be given one key combination to the garden and the storage shed for access to tools and watering equipment. Gardeners are responsible for safekeeping of that key combination. Keep garden gate and storage bin locked at all times.
7. Plot rental fee (outlined in sign-up form) for the growing season (May to September) must be paid in full and may not be refunded after May 31st of current growing year.
8. $10 Clean-up deposit will be requested along with rental fee and will be refunded upon satisfactory clean-up of garden plot by the end of gardening season to be determined based on weather
9. Assignment of garden plots will be awarded on a first come/first serve basis. Priority will be given to residences of Parkdale and Cromdale communities. Preference for next year's plots will be given to this year's participants first.
10. Fulfilling one of the following volunteering opportunities is required for each member:
a. Season Kick-off clean-up party
b. September Harvest Dinner
c. Fall garden box storage/tear down
11. Each gardener must complete a Release of all Claims form before any work in the garden can begin.
12. Children are welcome in the garden but must be accompanied by an adult and must be supervised.
13. Only organic seeds and fertilizers will be allowed in Grower’s Dozen Community Garden. Please contact us if you have any question regarding use of seeds or fertilizers in the garden. (We have limited free organic seeds we can supply for our members)
14. The application of herbicides (weed killers) and pesticides (bug killers) to the garden plots is prohibited to ensure healthy condition of the soil in the garden boxes for future use.
15. Gardeners may harvest vegetables and flowers from their garden only. However, produce trading is encouraged among gardeners.
16. At the end of the growing season, gardeners are responsible for clearing their plot of all plant material and leaving the plot as they found it in the spring.
17. The Garden Committee is responsible for ensuring that the rules are followed at all times. Please contact the Garden Committee if any questionable behavior is observed.
18. The Garden Committee is made up of gardeners. Committee members for each year are elected at the fall/winter meeting of the previous year.